We are now closed in all of our Branch and Kiosk locations, following National lockdown restrictions, but we are still offering a full FREEPOST postal repair service.
Due to the latest National lockdown, all of our branches have been required to close.
Following the government advice, to maintain our normal service wherever possible we have kept our Service Centre and Workshop open continuously since 1st June on limited staffing cover in order to observe social distancing and protect our staff. We have also introduced a number of new measures to keep our staff and customers safe. Our full Risk Assessment is available for you to view here.
If you do wish to attend one of our branches or kiosks, we would ask that you wait until the restrictions are lifted nationally and locally.
Can I get my watch repaired by post?
We would be delighted to offer you a repair by post, simply book a battery replacement or book an assessment and we do this by sending you a free post parcel for you to package your watch safely and return to us using Royal Mail Special Delivery (for watches valued up to £2500, for watches over this value we will arrange a specific courier or postal service).
On receipt and assessment of your watch we will contact you before proceeding the repair, we take payment up front for battery replacements online or take a refundable* deposit on more complex repairs.
*when we carry out a technical assessment, we will quote a price for the repair and take a£100 deposit before sending out the free post parcel , if the price for the repair exceeds this initial quote by more than 10% and you wish to cancel the deposit will be refunded, where a job is proceeded the £100 deposit is taken off the final cost of the repair.
What additional measures do you have in place to protect customers and staff?
Our full risk assessment and safety measures are available here but below is a summary of just some of our activity related to Covid 19:
- Our Service Centre and Branches are operating on reduced opening hours and under strict Social Distancing measures; all staff have access to and have been briefed on the use of uninterrupted supplies of the relevant PPE including…
- Perspex face shields
- Disposable and N95 Re-usable face masks
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser
- Alcohol wipes
- LED UV steriliser tanks
- All customer watches in and out of the Service Centre will be quarantined for 72 hours in line with the latest government guidelines for plastic and stainless steel – customers will receive their watches in date sealed bags and should follow the government guidance on receiving parcels and post.
- Our branches are currently operating on a ‘no-cash’ basis and we encourage the use of contactless payment, where contactless payment is not practical our PDQ machines will be cleaned with anti-bacterial wipes before and after each interaction.
- Most of our branches already had protective glass screens at the counter however where they did not already; new toughed safety glass screens were fitted before the branch or kiosk re-opened.
- Over the counter repairs will be quarantined for 72hrs before a repair commences, however if a SAME DAY service is required, we have LED UV sanitisers in all branches which will be used with customer consent to sanitise watches and allow our 1 hr and same day services to be completed.
Can I still contact The Watch Lab?
Yes, in the unlikely even that your local branch is closed due to local lockdown, you can still contact us through our email service or head office phone number. Only if necessary, one of our team will call you to discuss so please do leave the most convenient number to call you on so we can ensure we can discuss all the available options including arranging a postal repair or assessment.
Visit the contact page for our contact details.
Where is my watch?
If your watch is still being repaired or waiting to be repaired in our Service Centre, we will continue to carry out work in date order. If we do suffer logistical delays due to branch closures or where our 3rd party service providers are impacted, we will try to update as many customers as possible but if you have a specific query please contact us at email@example.com.
Our UK and International 3rd party workshops are all affected differently. If a specialist repair centre is closed due to a local restriction, we will experience a delay in the return of your watch and will communicate this to you accordingly as soon as possible – as per our terms and conditions ( Terms & Conditions – The Watch Lab ). We do not offer compensation for overdue repairs if we have acted in accordance with these terms, if a repair is overdue and incomplete at the customer’s request, a full refund will be offered and the watch returned undone. If a repair is overdue and complete then we do not offer full or part refunds for unavoidable delays.
If your watch was repaired in branch or was back in branch ready for collection when we closed due to a local lockdown, we will do what we can to safely and securely return your watch to our service centre where postal return will be offered (subject to Royal Mail insurance cap of £2,500). Where we cannot safely access your watch, it will be stored locally in our vault and be ready for collection when we are permitted to re-open. We are not able to post watches back or arrange delivery from the individual branch itself, but if you require any specific information once again contact us on the above email.
When will I receive my watch?
Although we will be doing our utmost to keep up with repairs and our workshop remains open through, there will inevitably be a delay in the return of your watch if your local branch is closed. Your watch will be returned once the work is complete and your branch is open. We will also be offering a return by post, if your watch is ready and you don’t want to wait, but this will incur a covering charge for post and package.
We apologise for the delay in returning your watch but once again our commitment to all our customers is to complete all repairs as quickly as is safe and legal to do so whilst maintaining the highest quality of work.
We are monitoring the latest advice from UK Government to ensure we are doing as much as we can for the safety of our employees as well as our customers, with that in mind; we support the NHS Guidance and will continue to do so wherever possible.